Pirate Power's Mission is to provide comfort and to act as mentors and advocates for families struggling with the heartbreak of prematurity, infant and pregnancy loss. We provide NICU Comfort Bags to families with infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of local hospitals. We also provide Baby Loss Memory Kits for those who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss, upon request.
2012 - Present Bag Count: 521
What We've Been Up To:
Join Team Pirate Power 2014
The March For Babies is the #1 annual fundraising event for the March Of Dimes. Team Pirate Power is the #1 Family Team in Santa Clara County and #3 Family Team in California. We March For Every Baby. Won't you join us?
http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/piratepower See our March For Babies page for more details!
- 2/26/14 - Pirate Power hosted a successful restaurant fundraiser. 75 people dined in, countless more took out, and we raised close to $500 for the March Of Dimes!
- 12/24/13 - Pirate Power delivered 25 NICU Comfort Bags, 25 Baby's First Christmas Stockings, and 5 NICU Sibling Fun & Games bags to the Santa Clara Kaiser NICU in honor of the Pirates' 3rd birthday.
- 11/28/13 - Pirate Power decorated a tree in San Jose's Christmas In The Park to raise prematurity awareness and to celebrate all babies!
- 10/17/13 - In recognition of Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness month, we donated 30 Baby Loss Memory Kits to HAND (Helping After Neonatal Death).
- 9/19/13 - In honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day, Pirate Power delivered 25 NICU comfort bags and 5 NICU Sibling Fun Bags to the Santa Clara Kaiser NICU.
- 8/24/13 - The Pirate and his Parents shared their story and greeted shoppers at local Macy*s Shop For A Cause events.
- 7/1/13 - It's Official! Team Pirate Power raised over $23,000 for the March Of Dimes. We are the third highest fundraising Famiy Team in California!
- 4/28/13 - Team Pirate Power had over 50 walkers, many of them children, and raised over $20,000 for the 2013 March For Babies! Our Tee shirt design, with the slogan,"We March For All Babies" won #1st place.
- 2/14/13 - Pirate Power was recognized as the #1 2012 March For Babies Family Team in the South Bay Division (This division encompasses four California counties: Santa Cruz; Santa Clara; San Benito, and Monterey) at the March Of Dimes/March For Babies Kick Off Luncheon. 5 team members were recognized as "Top Walkers" for raising more than $1,000.
- 12/24/12 - In honor of our Pirates' 2nd birthday, we delivered 25 Christmas stockings, 25 NICU comfort bags, and 5 NICU sibling bags to Santa Clara Kaiser NICU.
- 11/8/12 - Pirate Power founders, Leila & Stephanie, have joined the March Of Dimes Family Team Council. We will be recruiting and supporting new March For Babies Family Teams.
- 10/26/12 - Pirate Power personally delivered 25 NICU comfort bags, 5 NICU sibling gift bags, and 10 Baby Loss memory bags at Santa Clara Kaiser NICU.
- 10/15/12 - Pirate Power honored over 100 babies by lighting candles and posting personalized photos on our Facebook page on October 15th, for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.
- 8/12 - Leila & Liam shared their story at several local Macy*s to promote the March Of Dimes/Macy*s Shop For A Cause event.
- 7/1/12 - It's official, Team Pirate Power raised over $25,000 for the 2012 March For Babies!!! A huge Thank You to all our team members and supporters!
- 6/10/12 - Pirate Power co hosted our first Scrapping for the NICU event. Supporters created over 100 handmade name tags for local babies!
- 4/28/12 - Team Pirate Power had over 50 walkers and raised over $23,000 for Silicon Valley's March For Babies!
- 4/10/12 - Liam, Scott & Leila shared the Pirates' story at San Jose Kaiser Hospital on behalf of the March Of Dimes.
- 4/5/12 - Pirate Power delivered 25 comfort bags to the Santa Clara Kaiser NICU. Liam was recognized at the hospital as the local MOD Ambassador Baby at a March For Babies Rally. We also donated 25 Baby Loss Memory Kits to HAND (Helping After Neonatal Death).
- 4/1/12 - Team Pirate Power has raised $14,469 for the March For Babies!
- 3/1/12 - Team Pirate Power has 41 registered walkers, in 4 states, for the March For Babies!
- 2/14/12 - Pirate Power delivered 65 comfort bags to the Santa Clara Kaiser NICU. They also donated 112 children's books and a cart to establish the Read Aloud NICU Library.
- 2/14/12 - The Pirate and his Parents shared their story at the March For Babies Kickoff Luncheon.Team Pirate Power 2011 was recognized as the #2 Family Team in Santa Clara County.
- 1/12/12 - We donated 30 preemie sized clothing items to the Gemini Crickets Parents of Multiples Club to help establish a Preemie Pantry for local parents.
- 1/1/12 - Liam Rendleman, our Pirate and Inspiration, was named the 2012 Ambassador Baby for the March For Babies on April 28, 2012.
- 9/18/11 - The Pirate and his Parents were the March of Dimes Ambassador Family for the Celebrity Chefs & Master Vintners Gala. Their "Fund The Mission" presentation earned $75,6OO
- 8/1/11 - The Pirate and his Parents were the Ambassador Family for a March of Dimes Charity Golf Tournament. Their "Fund The Mission" presentation earned $35,OOO!
- 4/30/11 - Team Pirate Power participated in the March For Babies. We had over 55 walkers and raised nearly $15,000!
- 4/26/11 - Team Pirate Power was invited to share the podium as the San Jose City Council honored the South Bay division of the March Of Dimes.